- Melt and cook on medium 1 stick of butter.
- Cook it about 6 minutes, you want it to smell amazing and be an "amber" color. Stir while you do this, nobody likes burnt butter.
- Once butter is browned, take off heat, and zest/grate 1 clove of garlic into the butter, stir.
- While you are fussing with that butter business, cook pasta (spaghetti?), strain and return to pot.
- Now pour the browned butter over the drained pasta, add a pinch of salt if you used unsalted butter, sprinkle some ground pepper, and add 1/4 C grated parmesan and 1/4 C grated mizithera cheese-- stir to combine.
Brown Butter & Mizithera Pasta
From nowhere, I had a craving for pasta with browned butter and my favorite pasta cheese, mizithera (also spelled with a "y" in some places).