12.09.2012

Poached Egg on Salad

This is another way to add protein and something warm and yummy to a salad, even when I don't have meat or goat cheese or other toppings.  I almost always have eggs though!

Still getting the technique perfected for poached eggs.  So far I've learned:
  1. Get a pot of water to a boil. Then reduce to just barely a simmer (or less).  Some people add a TB of white vinegar (to prevent the egg from separating? I haven't gotten this to work yet)
  2. crack each egg into a ramekin or cup
  3. Gently pour the egg into the hot water. Cover pan, set timer to 5 or 6 minutes.  Make sure hte water doesn't boil.
  4. When done, fish the egg out with a strainer or slotted spoon.

Then put the hot poached eggs on top of salad, wiht a vinaigrette dressing.  Here I also added hot black rice and roasted mushrooms. 

No comments: