2.22.2014

Gluten Free Cinnamon Banana Raisin Cake

I started with this recipe and made a bunch of changes and substitutions. 

My husband loves banana bread and cake, but he's not really eating chocolate or nuts (due to high nickel density). And I love chocolate and nuts with bananas. So I had to figure out what else to combine with banana cake.  Raisins!!! It's really a great match.  This is one of his new favorites.

METHOD

Combine the dry ingredients:
2 C gluten free flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cinnamon (I like to use firey hot kind like Costco Kirkland brand) 
1/4 C brown sugar

Mix the wet ingredients:
5 TB coconut oil, melted 
1 C mashed banana (about 2 bananas) - I leave a couple chunks of banana for texture
0.5 C yogurt (I use Nancy's plain)
1 tsp vanilla extract 
2 eggs

Combine the dry and wet.  Add 1/2 C of raisins. Pour into a 9" or so pan.

Bake in a 350 F oven for 25 minutes or until it is set and no longer wet in the middle.

No comments: