Pork Stew (Slowcooker)
1. Saute 1 sliced onion in pork/bacon fat.
Add 5 cloves crushed garlic, stir. Once turning golden but not yet brown. Take off heat.
2. Put cooked onion/garlic in blender. Add:
1/2 jalapeno pepper
1-2 cups water (enough to cover)
Blend until smooth.
3. Put the following in crock pot/slow cooker:
2-3 lbs pork roast, trimmed and cut into chunks
2 carrots, cut rangiri style (irregular chunks)
1 onion, cut into chunks
2-4 bay leaves 4 black pepper corns 1/2 tea cumin 1/2 tea paprika
4. Pour liquid (onion/garlic/tomato) from blender over the stuff in slow cooker to cover.
5. Turn slow cooker/crock pot on low heat for 9+ hours or on high for 4+ hours.
6. When ready, stir in 1 tea salt (or more to taste) and additional cracked black pepper.