10.19.2009

Home-made Chicken Soup (from a rotisserie chicken)

After devouring a hot rotisserie chicken from Costco (yum!), I like to make chicken soup with the leftovers!

1) Pick off the useable meat from the bones and set aside.

2) Then make chicken stock out of your rotisserie chicken back/bones, see my previous post on making chicken broth.

3) While the chicken stock is cooking (20 minutes in a pressure cooker), cut up the veggies for the soup in thin slices (so they cook faster):
1 stalk celery
1 carrot
Optional: add other veggies that cook fast

Sometimes I add potato chunks to my soup, but only if I am starting the soup from broth that is already made up. Potatoes take a while to cook normally, so I usually cook them in the pressure cooker.

4) Once the broth/stock is finished (i.e. finished cooking and strained), add in the sliced veggies from above, and:
noodles
cooked chicken chunks
cracked/ground black pepper
salt to taste

5) cook the soup for 10 minutes, or until the noodles and veggies are cooked, and the chicken pieces are warmed.

6) Serve hot with bread and or sliced cheese.

No comments: