Garlic Shrimp and Cabbage, Onion, Cashew Salad
This was such a success I am recreating it for dinner guests tomorrow. The basic premise here is a chopped salad, topped with hot sauteed shrimp.
1. Peel shrimp
2. In hot pan, add olive oil, garlic, sprinkle of salt. Swirl pan until garlic isn't raw (I'm on a garlic kick recently)
3. Add shrimp (in batches if you are serving more than 2 people)- don't overcrowd the pan or the shrimp will cook unevenly
4. Stir a couple times, sprinkle paprika and pepper on shrimp
5. Pour shrimp out on to a plate for serving and top with chopped parsley or cilantro. Reserve for topping salad.
Meanwhile, prep the salad:
1. toast raw cashews in a dry pan, shaking pan, until cashews smell and they have toasted spots
2. cut up napa cabbage and red cabbage
3. thinly slice red onion and green onion
4. Mix cashews, cabbage and onions in large salad bowl.
Top individual plates with salad, shrimp and simple balsamic dressing (balsamic vinegar and oil)